Saturday, August 18, 2007

Jesus Eats at Arby's

I grew up in NJ. Nothing particularly special about that, it's just where I was raised. Then, because Doc is just that irresistible, I relocated to the South. Don't misunderstand, I love it down here. There's just a few things that take a little getting used to, like it being 80 degrees and humid when I go to work at 7:30 AM and just as hot and humid when I go to bed at 11:00 PM. Or stores not actually giving you the hours they're open on Sunday, but rather, having a sign out front that says "Open after church on Sundays." And then there's the picture of Jesus hanging up in Arby's. It's a nice picture, but there's just something disconcerting about having the son of God staring at you while you eat your turkey bacon ranch wrap, ya know?

On the writing front, my recent small bouts of insomnia (no doubt brought on by guilt over not having something to update with last weekend like I said I would) have allowed me to get a good chunk of story pounded out on paper. Doc approves so far, so this weekend there will actually be an update. But Uncle Kyo was kicking my butt. He just wouldn't cooperate the way I wanted him to. I beat him into submission though (and I think he may have liked it), and things are now moving along at a good clip. Something WILL be posted Sunday night. Stay tuned...

No comments: